Painting from the tomb of Ankhmahor.
Benefits may include:
* Relief of stress and tension inducing deep relaxation
* Improves blood supply
* Unblocks of nerve impulses
* Helps achieve homeostasis (balance)
* Aids in the elimination of toxins
* Increases oxygen to the lungs and tissues
* Stimulates the lymphatic system
* Boosts the immune system
* Helps ease pain and discomfort
* Helps the body to heal quicker after surgery
* Improves bowel function
* Breaks up uric and lactic acid crystals in the feet relieving congestion in the body
* Improves emotional imbalances
* Complements all other healing modalities
* Preventative healthcare
Reflexology is the study of the reflexes. Reflexology therapies are natural therapeutic methods derived from this study based on the principle that there are zones and reflexes in the body that map to other parts, glands, organs and systems of the body. Reflexology stimulates complex neural pathways. For example in foot Reflexology there are over 7,000 nerve endings in the bottom of each foot. The reflex points are stimulated with specific hand and finger pressure techniques. Reflexology creates a relaxation response, relieves tension, and improves the nerve and blood supply in the corresponding parts of the body helping to promote their natural function. Reflexology facilitates the body's own healing intelligence to adjust, balance and heal.
How many sessions needed depends on the age of the client, how long the condition has been there and their overall state of health at the time of the session. Although the client usually feels better after the first session it generally takes 8-12 sessions for a significant improvement in a long standing condition. A session lasts for 45-60 minutes.
Reflexology has been known to help a variety of conditions including:
headaches, pain, insomnia, constipation, asthma, PMS,
sciatica, arthritis, allergies, stress disorders, depression,
stroke rehabilitation, fibromyalgia, MS, and more...